There are 3 discussion posts that have a 300 word minimum. This assignment is due no later than Tuesday May 21 @ 5pm EST.
If you have any additional questions please let me know.
- Review the main management support systems discussed in Chapter 12 of the textbook. Next, select one (1) such system, and describe its key components, capabilities, and the overall manner in which an organization could benefit from it. Include one (1) example of such application and related benefit(s) to support your response.
- Recommend two (2) strategies for designing a successful management support system for an organization. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on expert systems and companies which use them. Next, select two (2) companies that currently use expert systems. Then, discuss the fundamental advantages and disadvantages of using expert systems instead of human expertise within the companies that you have selected. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Select one (1) of the four (4) categories of intelligent agents, as discussed in Chapter 13 of the textbook, that is currently available. Identify the main risks of using intelligent agents in the category that you have selected. Next, speculate on one (1) way which you would use in order to mitigate the risks in question. Justify your response.
- Discuss the fundamental advantages and disadvantages of using software as a service (SaaS) within organizations. Next, give your opinion as to why SaaS has become a common delivery model for many business applications.
- According to the textbook, most experts believe that security is a concern when using a cloud computing platform, and users play an important role in its success. Imagine that you have been asked to provide suggestions for an organization that is planning to acquire a cloud computing provider. Select one (1) out of Gartner’s seven (7)cloud-computing security risks, as discussed in Chapter 14 of the textbook, and suggest one (1) way in which you would negative the chosen risk for the organization for which you are working. Justify your response.