Assume that you are beginning your last semester of college before graduating. Using
information about your education, work experience, and so on, prepare a résumé in an
1. How will you word your name at the top of your résuméfor example, with or
without any initials?
2. What is the title of your degree? The name of your college? The location of the
college? Your major and minor? Your expected date of graduation (month and
3. What is your grade-point average overall and in your major? Is either one high
enough to be considered a selling point?
4. Have you received any academic honors, such as scholarships or being named
to the deans list? If so, list them.
5. Did you take any elective courses that are relevant to the job and that might
differentiate you from other applicants? If so, list them.
6. List in reverse chronological order (most recent job fi rst) the following information
for each job youve held during college: company name, job title, location (city and
state), and dates of employment. Describe your specifi c responsibilities in each
position. Use short phrases, beginning each responsibility with an action verb, and
showing, where possible, specifi c evidence of the results you achieved.
7. What additional information might you include, such as special skills, extracurricular
activities, volunteer work, languages spoken, and so on?