Managers and executives must be actively involved in the development of Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), as they are critical for continuing business operations in the event of disruptions. Todays business environment is extremely reliant on the IT resources in order to accomplish their business goals. The importance of BCP became evident in the preparation for Y2K and was later reemphasized in the aftermath of 9/11 and hurricane Katrina; many organizations learned that their businesses could not continue operations due to ineffective BCPs and DRPs. Thus, as an IT manager, you need be able to develop effective BCPs and make recommendations for improving existing BCPs.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Design an effective BCP for a start-up or small business. The BCP should include the following:
1. Identify the organization’s exposure to internal and external threats.
2. Identify three (3) ways that the organization can maintain its risk at a low cost.
3. Speculate the training methods or knowledge you would impart to the user groups.
4. Integrate the security and risk(s) that you foresee.
2. Recommend at least two (2) strategies for continually improving the quality and effectiveness of the BCP. Support your recommendations with examples, depicting how the strategies improve the quality and effectiveness of the BCP.
3. Analyze the organizational risks inherent in the execution of the BCP plan.
4. Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.