You will write a report making the case for Business Intelligence (BI) at your company. You believe in the power of Business Intelligence so much that you want your company to invest money to implement Business Intelligence. You will compose the report as if you were a real employee of the company. Be sure to write from this perspective. You may invent details about your company to provide additional context and make your case convincing.
Choose one of the following roles:
- You are a Solutions Analyst at a Software as a Service (SaaS) company that provides cloud storage to enterprise customers, and you want to boost revenue.
- You are a Business Analyst at a medical technology start-up that is about to launch an IPO.
- You are a Chief Operations Officer that oversees 5 franchise coffee shops in your area and are looking to expand.
- You are a Product Manager at an online Bootcamp who is responsible for creating new credential programs.
Generate a report for the company board members. Your goal is to convince the board that the business will be in a much better place if they adopt Business Intelligence. In your explanation, you’ll want to educate them on the power of Business Intelligence, the value it can bring to the company, and what implementation would entail.
Be sure to include the following:
- Explain what Business Intelligence is and the value it can bring to the company.
- Acknowledge and argue against the challenges and barriers to Business Intelligence.
- Suggest and explain whether you’d implement Enterprise BI or Departmental BI, or both.
- Suggest and explain whether you’d use Strategic BI and Tactical BI, or both.
- Explain the concept and importance of data governance in an enterprise or business.
- Define Big data, Data mining, Data lakes, Data warehouses, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL), NoSQL databases, and explain how they relate to BI.
- Suggest and explain what BI tool you’d recommend for your company and why it is superior to two competing BI tools.
Your report should thoroughly describe the elements above. Consider organizing your report into related sections to make your case. Your report should be at least 1,500 words.