Final Project Instructions
For your Final Project, select 1 of the following 2 options:
You have been hired by XYZ Technologies Inc., located in Lynchburg, VA. XYZ Technologies Inc., is a software development firm that designs and sells its products via the Internet to the consumer. XYZ Technologies Inc., does not sell hard copies of their software, rather consumers can download the software through the company’s website. As a consultant you need to assist the company through the complex legal issues of eCommerce. You will write a 16-page (minimum) current APA formatted research paper covering the Final Project Requirements.
You have been hired by a company that you know well as a consultant to assist the company through the complex legal issues of eCommerce. Make sure that you know the company’s production and/or services well, along with the company’s supply chain. You will write a 16-page (minimum) current APA formatted research paper covering the Final Project Requirements.
Final Project Requirements
You will write a 16-page (minimum) current APA formatted research paper covering:
1. Business Formation, Business Models, and Business Cycles;
2. Intellectual Properly: Asset protection;
3. Employment agreements: be specific in defining the types of workers used in the company, and also address the use of the Internet to promote employee diversification;
4. Transitional Law; and,
5. Regulatory, Compliance, and Liability Issues.
This paper will be written from the consultant’s prospective to the client, and must contain a minimum of 15 scholarly references beyond the textbook and the Bible.
Suggested Time Management
As with all projects, time management is one of the keys to the success of this project. This course is set up in 4 main sections that correspond to the 4 main sections of your paper:
· Modules/Weeks 1–2 Cover: Business Formation, Business Models, and Business Cycles
· Modules/Weeks 3–4 Cover: Intellectual Properly: Asset Protection.
· Modules/Weeks 5–6 Cover: Transitional Law
· *Modules/Weeks 7–8 Cover: Regulatory, Compliance, and Liability Issues.
For planning purposes it is suggested that you complete section one by the end of Module/Week 2, section two by the end of Module/Week 4, section three by the end of Module/Week 6, and finish the paper by Module/Week 7.