1. Name of Play
2. Give the major theme that you found in the play. Remember: Do not confuse ‘theme’ (overall idea; concept) with ‘plot’ (action; storyline). “Theme’ is what the play is about, not what happens to whom.
Note*…. From here on out, you are answering questions about this specific production. Make sure you use specific scenes from this productions and you use vocabulary you learned from the course. There are questions about “What’s your favorite/worst part?” from this play… Do not say “I like the subject matter” or “I didn’t like it because it is sad”…. That is every production of this play because that is the play itself… You are writing a critique of this production. Whether you like the script or the story is not important. Your job is to look at what is being attempted and if it was successful or not and WHY it was successful or not. Break a Leg!
3. In 3 to 4 sentences, (not just one or two words), give your opinions and critiques on the following areas using specific examples from the play. Make sure you use specific vocab learned throughout the semester.
a) The Acting
b) The Sets and Scenery
c) The Costumes
d) The Lighting
4. In a full paragraph answer the following question: What was the best thing about the play? (Please use specific examples from the production)
5. In a full paragraph answer the following question: What was the worst thing about the play? (Please use specific examples from the production)
6. In one word describe the kind of theatre experience you had at this play.
7. Finally what advice would you give someone who was going to see this play?