“Core Skills and Transformational Mind-Set” Please respond to the following:
· Examine the Core Skills for Success in Chapter 1 of Roberts text. Analyze the primary manner in which these skills aid IT professionals when an organization must implement information system changes. Support your response with at least two (2) examples of an IT professionals application of the core skills for success.
· Investigate the manner in which three (3) of the six (6) mind-set and behavioral changes impact IT leaderships ability to promote change in an organization in relationship with integrative functions and processes. Provide one (1) example to support your response.
“A Consultants Viewpoint and Relationships” Please respond to the following:
· Read and reflect upon the Top Ten Considerations for Evolving into the Role of a Consultant in Chapter 5 of Roberts text. Propose three (3) actions that IT professionals should undertake in order to successfully achieve the Top Ten. Determine the single most paramount consideration, and justify your selection.
· As an IT professional who may face differing and competing priorities from business units, suggest one (1) strategy for negotiating an achievable project scope without damaging the relationship with business units. Support your answer with the steps that you would take in order to implement your strategy.
“Project Management Skills and Formal and Informal Project Management” Please respond to the following:
· Speculate on the main reasons why the skills and training of project managers have changed over time. Give your opinion as to whether these changes have been good for business. Provide a rationale for your response.
· Suppose you are starting a Project Management Office (PMO) at an organization. Give your opinion as to what the key considerations would be for the endeavor to be successful. Speculate whether you would hire an experienced project manager or a consulting company to facilitate the starting of the PMO. Support your rationale with at least two (2) advantages of hiring your selection.