See attachment for assignment!!!
A used-book store has been in business for over a month. The owners have been so busy that they have not had time to design and implement a computer-based system to track their operation. Their first priority is to develop a database management system to track inventory and sales information.
You are hired to design, program, and implement the system. You will be working on elements of this system in the rest of the SLP assignments in this course.
The owners provide you with the following facts:
· The bookstore sells used and hard-to-find books and CDs. Sales are for cash/check or credit card.
· The bookstore mainly caters to the needs of people living in the area.
· The bookstore maintains an inventory of books and CDs.
· Store sales are recorded at a Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal.
· When books are purchased by the store from individuals or organizations, the data are entered into the system.
The owners ask you to:
· Design a database to track inventory and sales information. The database should provide the following information:
1. Current inventory status of books and CDs
2. Sales Transactions List
3. Monthly Profit Report
4. Inventory Status Query by Product
5. Sales Transactions that each employee has processed
6. Any other output you think appropriate
This is the relevant data for the first month of operation. The owners have saved the information in an Excel file. You might want to take them into consideration when you design your database.
Your task is to:
· Discuss the type of data needed for such a system (attributes), the data types of these attributes, and data sources (where you might obtain such data, such as Point of Sale).
· Write a 2- to 3-page paper explaining how you would design the database system, focusing on the tables, attributes, and primary keys to address the requirements of the store owners.