https://firstclassessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/whatsapp-logo.jpeg 0 0 Perfectassignments https://firstclassessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/whatsapp-logo.jpeg Perfectassignments2022-01-14 11:44:182022-01-14 11:44:18Ch. 16. revenue and related transactions
Revenue and Related Transactions.During its current fiscal year, Evanston General Hospital, a not-for-profit health care organization, had the following revenue-related transactions (amounts summarized for the year).
- Services provided to inpatients and outpatients amounted to $9,600,000, of which $450,000 was for charity care, $928,000 was paid by uninsured patients, and $8,222,000 was billed to Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance companies.
- Donated pharmaceuticals and medical supplies valued at $265,000 were received and utilized as general expenses.
- Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party payors (insurance companies) approved and paid $5,365,000 of the $8,222,000 billed by the hospital during the year (see transaction 1).
- An unconditional contribution of $5,000,000 was received in cash from a donor to construct a new facility for care of Alzheimers patients. The full amount is expendable for that purpose. No activity occurred on this project during the current year.
- A total of $965,000 was received from the following activities/sources: cafeteria and gift shop sales, $710,000; medical seminars, 125,000; unrestricted transfers from the Evanston General Hospital Foundation, $75,000; and fees for medical transcripts, $55,000.
- Uncollectible accounts totaling $3,250 were written off. The allowance for uncollectible receivables was increased by $1,170.
- Record the preceding transactions in general journal form.
- Prepare the unrestricted revenues, gains, and other support section of Evanston General Hospital’s statement of operations for the current year, following the format in Illustration 16-4.