Interview with a Correctional Administrator
For your required Course Project in this class, you are to conduct a personal interview with an administrative/supervisory employee currently working for an adult correctional facility (local, state, or federal facility).
In your paper, you will need to identify the individual, the agency, date and time of the interview and submit a summary of these interview questions. Do not just LIST the questions and answers. Put this in a SUMMARY format. See examples. Example Student Interview Project.docx
Sample Forms attached
Phone interviews are permitted.
Most criminal justice professionals are happy to help if you identify yourself as a student.
Here are the questions that you need to ask:
- What is the position title of your current employment?
- How long have you been employed?
- How long have you been in your current position?
- What type of education and/or work experience is required for your position?
- What are the average working hours?
- Are there opportunities for advancement? If so, what position title? How many years, on average, are needed prior to being eligible for advancement?
- What special skills are required for the position in which you are currently employed, such as computer skills, public speaking skills, etc.?
- What primary job responsibilities do you perform on a daily basis?
- What made you decide to pursue employment in corrections?
- Does this position require overtime and, if so, what is the average number of hours per week or month?
- What are the things you like best about your job?
- If there was one thing you could change about your job, what would it be?