PART ONE · Answer for each question must be 125 words · APA Format · 2 sources (1 for each question)
Pick TWO of these questions, restate each selected question, then in the next line, post your viewpoint/answer to it. Make sure you state your reasons or justification to your answer. Make sure also to include at least one reference and properly cite from the reference.
1. During the early computing era between1970s and 1980s, what would be considered a (give examples of each)
o A minicomputer?
o An operating system?
2. What is Client/Server computing? Which is what – give examples?
3. What is the difference between a physical network and a logical network?
4. Compare and contrast: Internet, Intranet, and Extranet.
5. How does an attack differ from a security risk?
6. What is a security control?
7. What is authentication and how does it differ from authorization?
8. What is steganography? How is it used in security technology?
9. Is a single network logon the same as a central system logon?
10. Why would there be a need for remote data access?
11. Discuss some of the corporate vulnerabilities in an organization – not necessarily computer related.
12. Describe the differences between trusted domains and trusting domains.
13. What are some of things you can do to deter intruders away from your computer?
Traynor, P., McDaniel, P., & La Porta, T. (2008). Security for Telecommunications Networks: Advances in Information Security. Springer ISBN: 0387724419 CHAPTERS 1 AND 2
answer the below questions. Please complete the questions in a Word document. Use examples from the readings, lecture notes and outside research to support your answers. All questions must answered with viable support and detail. Your answer cannot simply be a cited source answering the question. Please be sure to follow APA guidelines for citing and referencing source
1. What is the difference between active and passive security threats?
2. List and briefly define 3 categories of passive and active security attacks.
3. List and briefly define at least 3 categories of security services.
4. List and briefly define at least 3 categories of security mechanisms.
5. Create a matrix highlighting the relationship between the security services and the mechanisms listed in questions 3 and 4. Place services to the left (vertically), the mechanism to the right (horizontally), then place an X for the applicable mechanisms to the services.
6. What are the essential differences of a symmetric cipher?
7. How many keys are required for two people to communicate via a symmetric cipher?
8. What is triple encryption?
9. List ways in which secret keys can be distributed to two communicating parties.
10. What are the fundamental differences between AES, DES, and 3DES? · 50 words per question · APA format · 1 source minimum per question (source can be used for other questions)