Assignment 1 BSL 4080 Creative Thinking and Problem Solving (14 Slides)
One important point, after you choose the background and template, do not change the margins! In other words, no words or charts should appear in the margins. **Also, more than phrases are required on the slide**. Just a title and a couple of phrases is inadequate!
The presentation should have 14 slides, not more, not less. This is the list in the assignment, in the order required. Do not change the margins. All slides must have 1 inch margins just like APA papers.
NOTE: Font Cannot be smaller than 14 or larger than 20, except for the title on the slide.
You are a major stockholder in a multi-national corporation that is considering opening a facility in an underdeveloped country known for questionable human rights policies. The arguments in favor of the move include that it would provide employment for people who currently have none; it would decrease production costs, thereby increasing profits and return on your investment; and it would decrease the cost of the product for the consumers, potentially further expanding revenues and increasing returns. The arguments against opening the facility include the fact that companies operating in the region have been found treating employees badly by implementing policies such as extremely low wages relative to other countries, demanding long hours without providing overtime, and occasionally employing children.You are planning to attend a shareholder’s meeting at which this topic will be discussed. You have been asked to provide your opinion on whether the facility should be opened. Determine whether you agree or disagree with the proposal to open a facility in the region.For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation to convince the organizational leaders whether the described facility should be opened or not. The PowerPoint should be at least 10 slides, not including the title and reference slides, and does not require any outside research, although additional research can be used. The textbook contains information that can be useful for this assignment, so it is recommended that it be used. Make sure to properly cite the textbook or any other source used.For this assignment, make sure to discuss the following.
- Describe the issues to be addressed (two slides).
- Provide reasons for why you agree or disagree with opening the facility (two slides).
- Identify the role emotion plays in your recommendation (two slides). [Learning Outcome 2.1]
- Explain how any emotion did, or did not, impact reason (two slides). [Learning Outcome 2.2]
- Explain the reasoning process utilized to come to the conclusions reported in the presentation (two slides). [Learning Outcome 2.1 and 2.2]
Assignment 2 BSL 4040 ( 8 Slides) Communication Skills for Leaders
Create a PowerPoint presentation outlining guidelines for college students on how to have a successful interview. The presentation must be at least eight slides in length and use at least two references. You may include your textbook as one of the references. Be sure to cite your sources in a reference slide and use proper APA style. All sources and their use must have accompanying APA citations. Be sure to include the content listed below in your presentation.
- Describe the steps of an interview.
- Differentiate the three types of interviews: information-gathering, job, and appraisal.
- Discuss the interviewer and the interviewee’s roles during the opening, body, and closing portion of an interview.